Thursday, September 14, 2006

It's funny whenever I tell someone I don't listen to lyrics. They just kind of nod their head, accepting the fact as if I just told them that I clip my toenails on Tuesdays. It's a matter of choice, they would think to themselves, it's not as if he can't really hear the lyrics. But I can't.

My co-worker was getting pissed off because he was pointing out lyrics that he wanted me to hear. He kept rewinding and rewinding to the phrase, and asking me about the 'little girl'. I just thought he was a pedophile. "LITTLE GIRL, LITTLE GIRL!! " he would scream hysterically, "IT'S RIGHT THERE!!" Eventually I made him sing it for me, because I had no idea what he was talking about. In a short magical phrase, the song I had been listening to for 5 years suddenly became a pederass's anthem. ...He says little girl??!

1 comment:

Twentysomething said...

I bet if you had your brain scanned while you listened to your favorite music, the whole brain would light up as opposed to say, just the temporal lobe.

I like that you like different music. It's good to see you post again.